Little London is taking precautions to protect our staff and most vulnerable patients from avoidable spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our instruction from the Ministry of Health and the Royal NZ College of GPs is to treat the majority of our patients remotely. That means by use of Manage My Health, Telephone or Video consultations.
Our advice is STAY AT HOME – YOUR DOCTOR IS ON THE PHONE. Do not come into the practice but DO call us.
1. It is now very unlikely that you will have returned from overseas recently. If you have been in contact with someone who returned from overseas and are feeling unwell, or have any of the symptoms listed below, please phone the COVID-19 Healthline – 0800 358 5453. If they think you need testing they will direct you to one of the Community Based Assessment Centres (CBAC). There is one at the Claudelands Event Centre – Gate 3.
2. If you become severely ill, especially with shortness of breath or fever, please go directly to the emergency department of your nearest hospital or call 111 if you need to.
3. If you develop a sore throat or runny nose you should be tested for COVID-19. If you are well enough and don’t need medical treatment, go to the CBAC for testing.
Little London Medical Clinic is OPEN for our usual hours throughout this period.
When you phone Little London:
1. Please be ready to tell the receptionist – your full name and the primary reason for calling, eg a prescription, an appointment; and whether that appointment is urgent or not urgent.
2. Please advise the receptionist if you have any of these symptoms:
· Cough or sneezing
· Sore throat
· Runny nose
· Shortness of breath
· Fever of at least 38⁰
· Loss of sense of smell
3. AND please tell us if you have had overseas contact within the last month.
4. Talk with our receptionist if you would like to register for our online patient portal, Manage My Health so you can get what you need without having to wait on the phone.
We will do our best for you but may not be able to book you for an appointment straight away. The doctor will phone you back to discuss your needs and work out if there is an alternative to your coming to the clinic.
We may not be able to schedule your consultation at your most preferred time but rest assured that we will attend to your needs as soon as we are able.
Please do not come inside the practice – if you have made an appointment, please stay in your car and phone to let us know you have arrived (07 839 5004).
Prescriptions and lab forms:
1. We can no longer offer you the option of collecting your script from the practice. All scripts will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice either by fax or email. Please be ready to advise the name of your pharmacy when you call.
2. We can no longer offer you the option of collecting your lab form from the practice. All lab forms will be sent electronically to Pathlab. Once entered into their system you will be able to attend any Pathlab clinic to have your test.
3. We will advise you about other tests such as Xrays and ultrasounds.
For more information and regular updates on the situation in New Zealand, please refer to the Ministry of Health website